Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fresh commission

A collector approached me a couple of weeks ago to do a portrait of her girlfriend as a birthday gift. I explained that portraiture was not my strong suit and suggested that perhaps I could do a painting of her surrounded by the objects she holds dear. The concept was approved but as soon as I began, it morphed into a combination of short story and little watercolors. I am so proud of how it turned out. Here it is, click on it to see it bigger. (A statue of Guan Yin was one of her prized possessions.)


1 comment:

Molly said...

Norm,

I just love this "portrait". I wonder if i might commission something like this for Bob's 51st birthday.

Just looking at your work and playful expression makes me feel more creative.

Do you ever have occasion to visit the west coast? I'll send you a message thru FB.

Love and best wishes to your family